Friday, January 14, 2011

Friends+Art= My kind of day!

Today started off at ZaZa's, a local pizzeria in Little Rock, with one of my long-time college friends, Suzanne. We decided to indulge ourselves with yummy treats before school starts back. So, we did! 



This was my VERY large, yummy, pepperoni pizza 


And of course we had to have the treat of their famous Gelato !
(Gelato (Italian pronunciation: [dʒeˈlaːto]; plural: gelati) is Italy's regional variant of ice cream)


I had Mint Chocolate Chip. YUM-O! 



Next, we wandered over to The Painted Pig to paint our own pottery! 
visit their website! http://www.paintedpigstudio.com/

I couldn't imagine anything I needed.... But finally, after 30 minutes, I remembered a platter from The Crown Shop that I had wanted forever! FUN STORY------> when I was younger, my very creative mother, had a party using all the left over decorations from previous celebrations. You know how you collect all those extra holiday plates?? Well, she came up with the perfect solution! An EVERYTHING PARTY! So, when I saw this plate, I fell in love! The hat is an attachment, and you can change according to the seasons....
So, I decided to make my own! 


Starting the DOTS! 
Oops, messed one up! Oh well, mistakes make it personal, right? 


                                                                  

                                                    Word placing, always makes me nervous!                                                                                                                                                                                           

This is the finished product before they fire it. 
         After that, it will look more like the picture. Don't worry, I'll post a picture! 


Suze made the CUTEST measuring spoons! 


This is inside The Painted Pig... I want one! Maybe I'll add that to my "To Do" list. 


And finally, this is the reason me and Suze met up. We made a swap. I gave her some curtains I made, and in return, she made this hat for me! YaY for ART and FRIENDS! 
She is an amazing crafter! Visit her blog at: http://beunruffled.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

Kaylie said...

I LOVE painted pig!!!! I made something for my mother for christmas. It turned out...interesting. lol Your words look so great!! I just did an L on hers, and everytime I traced back over it, it got fatter, wider, and more wobbly looking. Haha! Yours turned out so good!!

*Amber Silva said...

Well, imperfection makes art. Or so we will assume ....

Post a Comment